Ways To Effectively Prevent And Hide Seams In Artificial Grass In Del Mar
Artificial grass is becoming increasingly popular for home and commercial landscaping projects. However, one of the biggest challenges to installing artificial grass is dealing with the seams between panels that can be visible after installation. Fortunately, there are several strategies you can use to effectively prevent and hide seams in artificial grass.
- Artificial grass typically comes in 15-foot wide rolls which need to be seamed together when larger areas are covered. To minimize the amount of seaming needed, consider using 30- or 45-foot wide rolls where possible. This will help reduce the number of seams and make them less noticeable when they are installed.
- To avoid a noticeable seam line, make sure all seams are placed in the center of the grass roll and not on the edges. This will make it less likely that a line is visible once the artificial grass is installed.
- Seam tape helps to bond two pieces of artificial grass together and prevent them from shifting over time. Make sure to use high-quality seam tape that is designed specifically for artificial turf applications, as this will provide better adhesion and durability than other types of tape.
- Heat welding is one of the most effective ways to create a seamless appearance when connecting two panels of artificial turf together. The process involves using hot air to melt and seal the edges of both pieces together into one uniform joint that looks like it’s part of the original grass roll.
- Adhesive is another option for bonding two panels of artificial turf together and creating a seamless transition. Many types of strong, waterproof adhesives can be used to create an effective bond that won’t break down over time.
- Applying an infill material between the seams helps to conceal them and keep them in place. Infills like sand or rubber granules are often used to fill in gaps between pieces of artificial grass, providing support and stability while hiding any visible lines or joints between panels.
- Turf edges are strips of flexible material that can be used to frame the edges of the artificial grass and cover any visible seams. They are designed to blend in with the rest of the turf, creating a uniform look that will hide any lines or joints between panels.
Why Can I See The Seam In My Artificial Grass?
The most likely cause of visible seams in your artificial grass is that the rolls weren’t installed properly. Make sure all seams are centered and use seam tape, heat welding, adhesive or infill to fully bond the pieces together.
Should Artificial Grass Be Perfectly Flat?
No, it’s actually better to have some variation in the surface of your artificial grass. This helps create a more natural look and also makes it less likely that seams will be visible after installation.
Is It OK To Walk On Artificial Grass?
Yes, it is perfectly safe to walk on artificial grass. Make sure the surface is dry and free of debris for the best possible experience. Avoid walking in the same spot repeatedly or dragging heavy objects across the turf as this can cause damage over time.
By following these steps, you can ensure that seams in your artificial grass will be hidden and create a uniform, seamless look. Make sure to use wide rolls of turf where possible, center all seams and use the correct materials for bonding them together. For more information, contact Artificial Grass Del Mar at (858) 295-3355.